Sunday, June 2, 2013

Unschooling and teens....

An article about teen unschooling by a young adult who unschooled :

Four Reasons to Quit School and Become a Teenage Homeschooler

"If you've spent your entire life in school (as most teenagers have), it's hard to imagine life without classes, grades, and curriculum. So when you try to imagine how homeschoolers learn, it's easy to think that they simply do "school" at "home."
While some traditionally-minded homeschoolers certainly feel compelled to pore over state-mandated textbooks in the comfort (and loneliness) of their houses, there are also many teenage self-directed learners who create their own curriculums based on their passions, interests, and goals. You're more likely to find these teens interning for a cool company, road-tripping with friends, or building a garden than doing textbook problem sets at home.
Some homeschoolers are so adamant about self-directed learning that they use an entirely different word to describe their approach: unschooling. The unschooling philosophy is simple: do what you love, and the learning (and eventually, money) will follow."


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This blog is a breath of fresh air! I believe God is calling me to unschool. I am doing the Jonah thing (running) like I did when He first called me to homeschool. I have been visiting good, largely homeschooled, catholic blogs, but need more specific support. This was a reply I got recently. "I don’t think unschooling would give kids the skills they need to thrive." I started to refute, but decided why bother. I totally need this book ~ thanks.

best pc games said...

I have to get across my appreciation for your kindness giving support to people that actually need help with this concept. Your personal commitment to getting the solution across had become really effective and has continuously made some individuals like me to realize their desired goals. Your own insightful advice denotes this much to me and somewhat more to my office workers. Many thanks

stenote said...

Peace on earth... Sharing with you an article on Milan's Duomo in http://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/03/milan-at-piazza-del-duomo.html
Watch also the video in youtube https://youtu.be/GkJmdx6yrAo